Diatomaceous earth, also known as DE, is a fundamental supplement which is completely natural and is also highly effective in cleansing of the body. Even though it is not known to many, this supplement is one of the finest supplements that is highly economical and aids in improving the body’s overall health.
This food supplement comes from tiny remnants of algae-like water plants known as diatoms which have existed on earth for over 30 million years. It has various uses and benefits which keep on growing as further research is being carried out. In this article we have put up a list of the various uses and benefits of this naturally occurring food substance. Here is the list;
Diatomaceous Earth Benefits.
Health benefits Of Diatomaceous Earth
· The latest studies reveal that it has the ability to strengthen bones and joints, restore bone health, prevent osteoporosis, fight off Alzheimer’s, prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin boost the body’s immune system and also maintain the health of the heart and lungs by strengthening the arterial walls.
· Apart from this, diatomaceous earth also reduces the risks of obesity, high cholesterol in the body and also high blood pressure because it contains silica which aids in tearing down bad fats in the body.
· The physical structure of this food supplement makes it a highly efficient anti-inflammatory and internal body cleansing agent as it has the ability to eliminate viruses, intestinal bacteria, parasites, e-coli and other contaminants. The supplement has also been proven to assist with headaches, vertigo, insomnia and tinnitus.
· The mineral it contains i.e. silica is a beauty mineral that helps hair and nails grow rapidly.
· Helps in prevention of metal poisoning by removing heavy metals and mercury fillings out of the body.
· Treats both constipation and diarrhea.
Diatomaceous Earth Uses
· Natural insecticide.
This is one of the most common uses of this food supplement. Research shows that the clay-like powder of this substance has the ability to destroy harmful insects such as roaches, ticks, fleas, bedbugs, slugs and beetles etc which pose as a risk to the home and crops by killing them.
· Used as a toothpaste.
You can use DE as toothpaste by sprinkling it on your tooth soap so that it can give extra and deep cleaning of your teeth since it is rough and has the ability to remove any stains that might be on your teeth.
· Used as a facial mask and scrub.
The fine nature of diatomaceous earth enables it to make a tender facial mask and scrub. Its main component silica and other components such as phosphorus, copper, calcium, magnesium and zinc also make it good for the facial skin.
· Food Storage.
It can be used for food storage by adding the powder to grains and legumes e.g. beans, wheat, maize, barley etc. However, it has the ability to keep the grains dry, protect them from weevils and also prevent molds.
· Garbage Can Deodorizer.
DE is used to neutralize odors that come from garbage cans by sprinkling the substance at the bottom of the can. Diatomaceous earth is a multi-purpose supplement which has the ability to improve the body’s overall health and also be used for other purposes and compared to other supplements; it only takes up a small fraction of your money.